PROJECT BUYER Mills & Recycling
Poland – Dąbrowa Górnicza
ArcelorMittal the world’s leading steel and mining company, with around 199,000 employees in more than 60 countries is currently hiring for ArcelorMittal Poland, the largest steel producer in the country. It concentrates 70% of Polish steelmaking potential with 5 steel plants: in Dabrowa Gornicza, Krakow, Sosnowiec, Swietochlowice and Chorzow and the largest coke plant in Europe located in Zdzieszowice.
As a global player and buyer of goods and services, European Procurement Organization (EPO) leverages technical excellence to develop best TCO solutions to secure the ArcelorMittal’s supply chain. Managing 28.5 $bn spend worldwide we are providing efficient and reliable services to internal customers.
Industrial Services & Spare Parts covers 10% of this spend being present at 8 sites (plants) in 6 countries (Spain, Germany, France, Poland, Belgium and Italy).
“Mills Operations and Recycling Services” – procurement subcategory related to long-term contracts for services directly connected to the steel production or outsourcing part of it. General scope of services:
- scrap and slag management (scrap recovery and processing; slag treatment);
- refractory services (bricklaying, shotcreeting, etc.);
- operation on semi-finished goods (cutting, scarfing, etc);
- solid wastes disposal.
About the role
- Actively participate in the strategic procurement activities for procurement subcategory: “Mills Operations and Recycling Services” in Poland (tenders and project management, long-term contract management, cost reduction actions, supplier panel management etc.)
- Work closely with internal client and stakeholders on every level in organization, to build transparency and ensure business continuity;
- Cooperation with Lead Buyer and procurement subcategory (on Polish and European level) to ensure effective strategic procurement and implementation of best solutions;
Strategic procurement activities in ArcelorMittal Poland (6 sites);
- Leading purchasing projects from the very beginning to the end:
- Reviewing/preparing tender documentation (specification; RFQ; KPI; pricelist, … );
- Strategy implementation (sourcing, bundling, strategic partnership, … )
- Preparing business analysis (reports, spend analysis, TCO analysis, business cases, business plans, benchmarks, etc.);
- Preparation of Executive Summary for management decision;
- Monitoring contract implementation, execution and compliance.
- Delivering savings and cost reduction ideas (direct negotiations, TCO savings, innovations, … )
- Manage relationship with external and internal client:
- Development long term partnership with strategic suppliers;
- Participating in site visits and audits;
- Work closely with end users to ensure effective strategic procurement and business continuity.
- Realization of the KPI target within procurement subcategory / HUB in term of:
- System KPI.
- Participate in transversal working groups and projects
- You hold a Master’s degree in Economics or Engineering.
- You have a Successful track record in Procurement: min 2 years of experience. Experience in project management and contract management is highly appreciated; financial analysis will be an asset.
- As a genuine buyer, you have problem-solving and analytical skills and a good ease facing numbers (familiar with excel).
- You have a good technical knowledge, knowledge of contracts and targeted systems (SAP, Ivalua) but also in project management and negotiation.
- With a technical background/understanding (metallurgical and mechanical competences will be an extra asset) and thus, you are able to discuss on technical topics with users and to technically evaluate different supplier proposals.
- You combine a strong personality/leadership and communication skills with an appetite for finding information on innovative industry trends and for market analysis.
- Result and Customer oriented, you are able to work under deadline pressure and to manage the change.
- On top of Polish, you are fluent in English. Any additional European language is appreciated.
- Team player
- High motivation to work;
- Analytical skills;
What do we offer?
An international and challenging workplace with focus on sustainability through our business.
An attractive 5-level career path with continuous development opportunities, accredited procurement qualifications and international assignment opportunities within EPO and ArcelorMittal.
Highly skilled and inspiring colleagues-business partners from different backgrounds and cultures.
Strong personal development opportunities, knowledge exchanges, continuous improvement and teamwork.
High focus on technology and innovation, key pillars of ArcelorMittal’s values of Sustainability, Quality and Leadership.
Where to apply?
Recruitment ID: 440
Cechy oferty pracy